A pseudo-fictional account of my existence as I perceive it and nothing more.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Peace, Before I Die
Early morning, dawnlight unfolds the wrinkles, from our tightly pressed night. Now showered, lavender laced; you stand by the kitchen sink washing plums, rivaling their sheen. You lean; opening the window to let the bird-songs chime the day's awakening. -I can see the places, where I went. The road back is but a moment's drag, on this first cigarette. You lean, you're tall like me. I see the places, I've walked the map. Spaghetti straps, and nervously chewed fingernails caught on a satin hem. Last night, a beautiful woman with a tortured heart, laid beside a shadowed man, with half a heart. And now, I pretend it was not much more, than any other day. But I can't deny the moment I realized, as we lay -after the comet tore across our bedroom ceiling the third time; Yeah, I sensed it, it was whole. You and I. I felt at peace, and then I died. Without a stir, I removed my life, laid it in your hand, as we held and watched the stars unite. -Streaking mid-sky, painting hope in the bleakest night. This must be my death; when a heart ceases its strain. When the beating doesn't leave pain. (How for years, calling them heart-beats earned the name) Surely I've been reborn. For this is a better place. I held you then. I breathed jasmine and rose. My fingers drew petals, rubbed across your brow. Kissing you, kissing you, and making you know... We just may be made in God's image during one of his better days. Morning is now bursting through the window, splashing you with something new. -My new eyes, seeing you. And if I must chew on love with my coffee, hand me a plum. Then watch my smile as it starves my belly. by some guy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment