Tuesday, February 01, 2011

JACOB's New No Airbrushing POlicy

Jacob is one of the few fashion retailers in my price range that consistently offers clothing that actually fits my skinny ass and looks good on me too, unlike most other mid-range retailers. Nice to see they're the first fashion retailer in Canada to institute a no-body-reshaping policy, which is awesome. I'm no fashion designer but it seems to me that Jacob's size 0 and size 3 are an actual size 0 and 3, rather than an inflated size. Nothing makes me feel more tiny and insignificant than trying on a size 0 from, say, The GAP, only to have it hang off my body like I'm some sorta skeletor, which I'm not. I'm just thin, yo. Total reverse-body-dysmorphia. Every time I shop for clothing I always leave the store feeling like an anorexic wisp of nothing. Like I don't even matter. Like being thin is socially unacceptable or something. It makes me want to go out and chow down on McDonald's so I can get fat enough to fit into some ridiculously inflated size 0.

Just that size.. size ZERO. Nilch. Nothing. Without value. Kinda says it all.

No comments: