I made something like 150 seed bombs a couple days ago, a mix of pretty much every sprout-able nuts or beans or seeds in the kitchen cupboard as a general base, and then sprinkled a bunch of native wild flower seeds and leftover garden seeds into the mix. There are about 10 to 20 different species in each seed bomb, give or take. I threw a few dozen daylily and crocus bulbs in the pot too, at some point. Each bomb should produce at least one single viable plant, if not several dozen. Squirrels and birds will probably dig up a few and help distribute seeds as well as each bomb has about 100+ seeds each.
I had a bunch of leftover peat pots and soil and seeds I've been hoarding for years now, and I'm in the process of moving and can't be luggin' a bunch of seedlings from point A to point B, so I figured I may as well throw them in a bowl and mix them all together and plant them on Mount Royal. It looks like the idea is starting to catch on because I've noticed a few new guerilla landscaping spots on the mountain the last couple of weeks.
People diggin' up the earth and respectfully planting mysterious things makes me curious. It makes the Mountain feel magical when I'm walking along and every few hundred feet notice someone has planted something new. Could be mystical vines or magical fruit or some rare and beautiful flower... who knows?
It reminds me our people have not forgotten the land.
Some people say pride is a bad thing, but I disagree. I'm proud when individuals within my community perform small acts of kindness. There's nothing logically, morally wrong with that. Is there?
I had a bunch of leftover peat pots and soil and seeds I've been hoarding for years now, and I'm in the process of moving and can't be luggin' a bunch of seedlings from point A to point B, so I figured I may as well throw them in a bowl and mix them all together and plant them on Mount Royal. It looks like the idea is starting to catch on because I've noticed a few new guerilla landscaping spots on the mountain the last couple of weeks.
People diggin' up the earth and respectfully planting mysterious things makes me curious. It makes the Mountain feel magical when I'm walking along and every few hundred feet notice someone has planted something new. Could be mystical vines or magical fruit or some rare and beautiful flower... who knows?
It reminds me our people have not forgotten the land.
Some people say pride is a bad thing, but I disagree. I'm proud when individuals within my community perform small acts of kindness. There's nothing logically, morally wrong with that. Is there?

No comments:
Post a Comment